Fabulous Torture: New York City

Monday, October 26, 2015

New York City

Hello everyone and happy Monday! If you follow me on Instagram or Snapchat @fabuloustorture, you'd know I'm back from New York City. I wrote this post at the airport, it was 1am and I was extremely tired! 
Let me just start from the beginning and tell you about my adventure there. So I flew to NY early Friday, got up around 3am, and got to the hotel at 2pm. I stayed at the "W" NY on Lexington and 49. The entire stay there was pleasant!  The hotel was nice and clean, which is always a plus. 
As soon as I settled in, I left to explore the city. I've never been there before, and if you don't know your way around NY, it can be a little overwhelming. I used a map and walked to Times Square which was only about 10 min from the hotel, but I got lost and it took me close to an hour to get there. I booked a Hop On & Hop Off red bus and took a ride downtown to the Brooklyn Bridge. I walked the bridge and waited for sunset to take many pictures (video is coming soon). I spent about 3 hours walking the bridge and around downtown. After that, I got lost, again, and of course couldn't find my way home. Let me tell you; don't ever try to use GPS in NYC. After many hours, I finally made it back to the hotel. I haven't eaten yet because I was stressed out and challenged by the city.
Next morning was pretty much the same. I woke up, walked to Time Square and from there walked to Central Park. My feet felt like they were about to fall off, so I took a bike and carriage tour around the park. 
Then an old friend saw me on Facebook, reached out to me, and we connected. She lives by NY. By then I was starving again, so she took me to a Czech Restaurant in NY. The food reminded me of home! The servers and manager where from Czech and Slovak. I finally ate some great food after two days of eating nothing. 
Next day was the Simply Stylist event at "W". I met some fabulous people like the host Catt Sadler from E News, actress Olivia Culpo, June Ambrose, Hilary Sloan, ShopStyle, Mily Cyrus' sister Brandi, the founder of Bloglovin Dan Carlberg.. ..., and an instagram friend who lives in NY. 

I had a busy three days, but definitely a great time! I'll for sure come back here. NYC is a perfect place to connect with people! 






Outfit Details:
Boots: here or here/ Denim: here/ Top: here, also bought one in this color/ Backpack: here/ Jacket: similar here, here, here and here, also love the same vest-here and here/ Necklace: Kendra Scott via ROCKSBOX- use fabuloustorturexoxo code to get first month free













Outfit Details:
Boots: here or here/ Denim: here/ Top: here, also bought one in this color/ Backpack: here/ Jacket: similar here, here, here and here, also love the same vest-here and hereNecklace: Kendra Scott via ROCKSBOX- use fabuloustorturexoxo code to get first month free


Thank you all for stopping by! Love you! XO

 Follow me on

No comments:

Popular Posts