Fabulous Torture: How To Stay Active During Social Distancing

Thursday, April 9, 2020

How To Stay Active During Social Distancing


With social distancing currently enforced and a strict “stay at home order” life is a bit crazy and unsettling right now! To help boost my mood, don’t be bored (honestly, I don’t think I can ever be bored) and keep me mentally strong, it’s important that I physically move my body. I wanted to round up a few ideas specially for families with kids who are also spending much more time at home, to make the time pass and ensure you’re simultaneously feeling more productive! Don’t forget to take a moment to enjoy time at home with your loved ones too 🙂❤️
Anayan and I’ve gotten creative and have relied on a few things to keep ourselves healthy and active the last couple weeks. I wanted to share my tips with you today!


With staying inside, and being cooped up, it’s crazy when I move my body physically, I feel SO MUCH HAPPIER and BETTER mentally! 
As always, I share a lot on my Instagram stories, but to get you up to speed here are a few things we have been doing while social distancing!
Roller skating/ skateboarding/ hower boarding - Anayan and I take our roller skates out once or twice a day. It’s a great workout and makes you feel free!
Fishing by the lake, pier or in the middle of nowhere! You can also fish from your private boat or canoe! Or just take your canoe/kayak for spin and have a nice, quiet time with your family away from everyone! 
Or record a workout YouTube video like we did ( keep reading more about this at the bottom)!



There is truly no excuse not to get some sort of movement in your day, whether that’s 20 minutes or one hour, just do it and it’ll reverse your feeling of being “lazy” and “miserable”. Make this part of your daily schedule and it’ll soon become a habit! Schedule it into your day as if you would schedule anything else in.

Another thing that I absolutely LOVE doing to stay active, during these times, and any day really is going for an evening walk or a bike ride! Anayan and I take Scrabbles (our goldendoodle) for walk and either before or after the walk we go for a bike ride. We take our bike out three times a day now. About 3-4 times a week we pack our lunch and ride bikes to the park or lake to have a nice quiet picknick, playing board games away from everyone. It’s a nice break from everything plus you’re having some quality time with your kids! 
Getting outside, feeling the fresh air on your face, seeing other faces (from a distance), and taking in your surroundings, it just feels so grounding.

If you’re not already familiar, the benefits of working out and staying active daily are INCREDIBLE: more happiness, higher energy level, less anxiety and stress, improved sleep quality, and better memory & brain function, are just a few of the many! Few days ago, I shared workout video on my YouTube channel. It’s 15min nice workout with me and Anayan! Anayan is teaching the class, so don’t forget to check this video out! Pick 15min in your day, grab your kids and come to workout with us on YouTube—->https://youtu.be/nmGXKcOGPrU




What are you doing to be productive during this time? Let me know in the comments!

CONNECT WITH ME ON INSTAGRAM @FABULOUS_TORTURE

3 comments:

Stephen Miller said...

Good Work Dear. Such a Nice Article. Keep Going Good Worl
Here is My Article on Mother's Day Hope You all Like it.

غلاية صغيرة said...

متجر يختص بجميع مستلزمات الرحلات السعودية
https://tripkitshop.com/products/9a9b2726-6a6a-4093-96a3-ca0cfa758931

اشمغة مخفضة said...

افضل متجر للملابس الرجاليه و النسائيه بالسعودية
https://alarrab.com/%d8%a3%d8%b4%d9%85%d8%ba%d8%a9-%d9%85%d8%ae%d9%81%d8%b6%d9%87/

Popular Posts