Fabulous Torture: Dr. Oz's 48-hour Detox

Friday, February 6, 2015

Dr. Oz's 48-hour Detox

If you follow me on Instagram then you know I did the Dr. Oz 48-hour detox last week. I've tried a couple of different detox, but I wasn't a fan of them because all you do is to starve yourself. I really liked the Dr. Oz detox because you actually get to consume healthy foods for two days. 
I wasn't hungry during this detox at all, but I did feel a little light headed the second day. The first day was amazing and I felt like I had a lot of energy and wasn't tired at all. 
For the ones who don't know, I have migraines a lot, and usually do detox to help me get rid of all the toxins and lessens the headaches. It's been only a week since the detox, and I feel great! I will definitely do this detox again and highly recommend it!
For more about this detox go HERE!

Breakfast: Quinoa With Prunes
Start your morning off with a bowl of quinoa; this healthy whole grain is also a complete protein, and it’s high in phosphorus and fiber. Top it with prunes; they’re high in fiber and sorbitol, a chemical that acts like a laxative.

Ingredients 
1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
1 cup water
1 pinch nutmeg
1 tsp grated ginger
1 tbsp flaxseed oil
1/3 cup chopped prunes
1/4 cup rice milk

Snack:
Kale, Pineapple and Ginger Detox Drink (Juicer required)
This purifying beverage contains kale to cleanse the kidneys; pineapple, which has bromelain to aid digestion; and ginger to help stimulate bile flow in your gall bladder.

Ingredients
1/2 cup pineapple
2 large cucumbers
1 bunch kale without stems (4 cups chopped)
1/2 lemon, squeezed
1/4 inch of ginger
1 bunch of mint (1/2 cup)
 
Lunch: Fruit Smoothie
In a blender, whip up a nourishing smoothie that contains blueberries, loaded with quercetin, a flavonoid that boosts immunity and is good for your liver; bananas, full of vitamin B6, an essential vitamin for liver detoxification; and ground flaxseed, packed with brain-nourishing omega-3s and fiber for healthy elimination.
Ingredients
½ cup almond or hemp milk (plain/unsweetened)
1 tablespoon ground flaxseed or chia
¼ cup frozen blueberries
¼ banana
½ cup ice


Vegetable soup: Recipe here!

Thank you all for stopping by! Happy detox!

No comments:

Popular Posts